Christmas at First
- Christmas Giving Tree: return gifts by the Sunday, December 11. If you purchase gift cards, please wrap them in a box.
- Annual Icicle Toes Project: Dec 1–Dec 25. Warm socks for folks who need them! Socks will be collected for donation to New Horizons Shelter, a community resource where people are helped during times of need. Please bring new socks for children or adults to the Icicle Toes Tree in the narthex. Thank you!
- Hats Off for Cancer: Nov. 20—Dec. 18. We are collecting NEW outdoor and ESPECIALLY INDOOR hats & head scarves for local hospitals and the Hats Off for Cancer National Drive. Click here for more information.
- Purple Caps for Prevention: People who knit or crochet are asked to make and donate purple baby caps for an informational campaign in eastern Wisconsin to prevent infant abuse. Click here for more information.
- Salvation Army—Bellringers: Tis the season! Bellringers are needed through December 24th. Bell ringing can be done in 2 hour increments, inside or outside. This is also a great opportunity for our confirmation kids to gain some service hours—and do it together! Those interested in volunteering their time during the holidays—or anytime—through the Salvation Army, please check out the Salvation Army’s website, or sign up online.
- Christian gift giving ideas
- Follow our Pinterest board for other Christian gift ideas.
- Dec. 24, Christmas Eve Worship Times: 2pm, 4pm, 6pm and 11pm. All will be candlelight and all will be with Holy Communion.
- Dec. 25, Christmas Day Worship Time: 10am, with Holy Communion.
- Jan. 1, New Year's Day Worship Time: 10am only.
More Christmas Events...
Upcoming & Current
For all Sunday School families: Bring your children, ideas, Bible and a blanket! Sun., Dec. 4, 9:15–10:15am.
Middle School Christmas Party, Sunday, Dec. 4 noon–2pm.
OWLs fly to Festival of Carols at English Lutheran on Sunday, Dec. 4.
It’s more about the fellowship than the baking! Thursday, Dec. 8, 6pm.